I searched quite a bit on the net and on the forums until I found a recipe that contains as much as possible of the essence of Indian cuisine (because the variety of curry types in India is unsuspected by Europeans and varies greatly even between different Indian culinary regions). And I set to work, with some emotions, obviously.
Step 1 - in the special sauce pan I put chopped onion, grated ginger, crushed garlic, two tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and turmeric powder. I stirred for a few minutes.
Step 2 - I added the minced turkey and chili peppers. I stirred until the meat was done, that is, until its pink color disappeared. Also now I put the teaspoon of garam masala.
Step 3 - I added the box of peeled tomatoes and after another two minutes of boiling I poured the coconut milk into the mixture. I mixed for a few more minutes, until the coconut milk decreased a bit and the consistency of the whole mixture became the desired one, ie a creamy and matte one. Now, at the end, I added the juice of the lime and mixed a little more.
In parallel, basmati rice was boiled, which has a shorter cooking time. The fresh coriander was finely chopped and placed on top of the curry sauce at the end of serving. We honestly think it turned out great, the term of comparison being the types of curry that we have eaten in restaurants and the curry sauces that can be found in stores, ready-made. Slightly fast, but bearable, and what impressed us was that the slight sensation of speed lasted only 2-3 minutes, after which it disappeared, but the various flavors remained. About 3 large portions came out. Anyway, for us it's clear now - we will always prepare curry at home, without discussion.
The whole process took about 30-35 minutes. If you have the necessary ingredients, then the walk is quite easy and at the end you will have a tasty curry, made of natural and traditional products.
I wish you a tasty and healthy appetite!
Ingredients rice pilaf with noodles & # 8211 Turkish recipe
- 250 grams of long grain rice
- 40 grams of fine noodles / homemade noodles
- 600 ml. chicken or vegetable soup
- 1 small onion (30 grams)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 35 grams of butter
- 1 cinnamon stick
- salt and pepper to taste
How to prepare rice pilaf with noodles
1. Weigh the rice, put it in a bowl and cover it with cold water. Stir / stir the water, which will be turbid, a sign that the starch on the rice grains is being washed. Drain the rice and repeat with as much clean water until the water remains clear. Cover the 2-3 finger rice with cold water and let it soak for about 15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, clean and chop the onion finely, about the size of a grain of rice. Heat a saucepan with a volume of 2 liters on a suitable heat and put in it ½ tablespoon of olive oil and ½ of butter. The role of olive oil is to raise the smoking point of the butter, which will not burn so easily. If you somehow have ghee (clarified butter), you no longer need olive oil, you can remove it from the list of ingredients. When the butter in the pan has completely melted, add the finely chopped onion, sprinkle a little salt and reduce the heat to a minimum. Saute onion over low heat for about 6-7 minutes, stirring frequently. Onions should soften without browning at all.
3. After the onion has hardened, add the chicken or vegetable soup, all at once.
4. Immediately add the well drained rice to the water in which it was soaked and raise the heat to medium.
5. Bring everything to a boil and add a cinnamon stick. Immediately reduce the heat to low and cover the pan with a lid. We will cook our rice pilaf, so far without noodles, over low heat, under the lid, for 15 minutes. It should barely boil, not boil hard.
The browned noodle
6. While under the lid, in the soup, lightly knead the rice, we take care of the noodles. Heat a large pan over medium heat and add the remaining olive oil and butter (or ghee, as I explained earlier). Add the noodles and fry, stirring constantly, without losing sight of it.
7. Attention, the indication "without losing sight of her" is not a style figure! The noodle can burn very easily, we have to be careful and, as soon as it starts to smell strongly of baked pie and it is nicely browned, we take it out of the pan on a flat plate.
Finish the preparation and serve
8. After 15 minutes have elapsed since the rice boils gently in the soup, remove the cinnamon stick and add all the noodles to the pan.
9. Mix gently or, even better, gently shake the pan with rice pilaf with noodles. There will not be much liquid left, but it will be enough for the noodles. We put the lid back on and after three minutes, we stop the fire. Season to taste with salt and pepper and cover with a lid again. What's nice about this noodle rice pilaf is that it will finish cooking on its own, in about 10 minutes at rest, under the lid. It will absorb the rest of the complete liquid and the noodle, already fried, will hydrate exactly as it should.
Before serving, loosen the pilaf with a fork to become aerated. This rice pilaf with noodles is served hot as a side dish to various dishes. We adore him next to a baked chicken or next to these sensational chicken skewers. It is a garnish with personality, superbly flavored, which not only highlights the main dish, but has its own flavor.
The smell of warm, ready-to-eat peppers does not compare to anything, which certainly reminds us of childhood. Ingredient: 100 g f.
When you want to prepare a healthy and quick breakfast, this recipe for pate from sunflower seeds is very suitable. It is extremely easy to prepare in just a few minutes
In the cold season we like spicy dishes, with tasty sauces and healthy ingredients. We offer you red lentil curry with many delicious spices and a bed of fluffy basmati rice.
A recipe for muffins with chocolate and wholemeal flour only good after a day full of running around town. Whether you feel like a dessert, whatever you want during the day or whatever.
The burger, that simple meal that anyone can cook successfully even if they are a novice. Coming from the USA, it initially consisted of a meatball between 2 slices of p & acirci.
A glass of dessert with a glass of fresh fruit! It can be made in the evening and is perfect for the next day as a dessert or for breakfast. Ingredient:.
P & acircinea is one of the foods always present on our tables, due to its unmistakable aroma and taste, especially if it is made at home. I propose a recipe for today.
As the temperature in the thermometers has begun to rise, the thoughts are already taking us to summer, vacation, relaxation, and of course drinks to cool us down. And an ice cofe.
Red shrimp curry with rice, cashews and candied apricots
3 customers have selected the product from the favorites list.
Validity on delivery: Minimum 2 days
A fine pampering, full of the exotic aromas of the Orient.
It can be heated in the oven at 140 ° C after removing the foil.
ingredients: shrimp, kapia pepper, onion, tom kha pasta, red curry, ginger, garlic, coconut milk, sweet cream, coriander, cashews, candied apricots, basmati rice, spices.
Allergens: crustaceans, lactose, cashews, soybeans, ginger.
Packed in a protective atmosphere.
About Chef Nico Lontraș I write many culinary blogs, I also talk to television reporters, and my colleagues. All the best. Defining for him is the relationship he has with food, with good ingredients, with culinary perfection. He has spent 22 years in restaurants in Northern Europe (Ireland, Norway, Estonia), where he opened several restaurants and won several medals in international competitions in Gastronomy. Also, almost all the restaurants where he worked were in a fine dining system, which propelled him a lot in knowing this select type of cuisine. For this reason, Chef Nico Lontraș has decided to dedicate himself to the “reinterpretation” of Romanian cuisine and is currently known for this direction that he proposes and practices.
Chef Johnny Shusala he is a chef with over 20 years of experience in the kitchen, during which time he has been with great Chefs such as Jamie Oliver or Gordon Ramsey, in the restaurants where he worked as an employee. Johnny is passionate, ambitious and dedicated, with a strong desire to cook, to put his soul on the plate and to make the most of his passion and talent. He opened several successful restaurants in Bucharest such as OSHO, La Bonne Bouche, Casino Metropolis, Restaurant La Provence.
Chicken curry with coconut milk and basmati rice
I tell you from the beginning, it is a spicy dish, but very fragrant and tasty. For a less spicy recipe, you can cut the hot pepper and / or chili powder from the list of ingredients.
- 0.5 kg chicken breast
- 1 large chopped onion
- 2 tomatoes or 4 tablespoons canned chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 hot pepper
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil or other vegetable oil
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 3 cardamom seeds
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- 2 was dafin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon curry
- ½ teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- ½ cumin seeds
We cut the chicken breast into cubes, which we season with salt and pepper and let them soak until it's their turn in the pan. At room temperature.
Mustard, cumin and coriander seeds are placed in a pan and heated without oil to release the flavor. Allow to cool, then grind or grind in a mortar. Mix the other spice powders.
You can use these seeds and whole, but you will meet them on the plate. They are not unpleasant, but they leave a strong taste when they crack in our teeth, a taste that sometimes covers the main aroma of the sauce.
Heat a pan and add the coconut oil. Add the bay leaves, cinnamon and cardamom and season with oil for 1 minute.
Add the onion with a little salt and cook until softened and translucent. Add the garlic, ginger and hot pepper.
It's the turn of curry powder, coriander, mustard seeds, chili, garam masala, turmeric and cumin. Mix well and keep on the fire for 2 minutes, then put the chicken pieces in the pan. Temper until the chicken pieces are browned on all sides.
Put the chopped tomatoes. Leave it on the fire until the tomato juice decreases and add the coconut milk.
Mix well and leave on the fire until the chicken is done.
I served it with basmati rice. Two recipes for cooking basmati rice can be found here & # 8211 Basmati rice .
I also leave below the recipe used now:
- 1 cup rice
- 1.5 cups water (2 cups water if the rice has not been soaked beforehand)
- a teaspoon of salt
Wash the rice and let it soak for 20-30 minutes. Rinse, drain and bring to a boil with half a cup of water. If you have not soaked the rice before, use 2 cups of water, because it will absorb more.
Boil with a lid for 10 minutes on medium heat. Extinguish the fire, leave the pot covered and leave for another 10-15 minutes. After this time, mix the rice carefully to loosen and put 1-2 tablespoons of vegetable oil or butter.
Why it's good to eat basmati rice
At present, rice is estimated to be the most consumed cereal in the world, "feeding" more than half of the globe, the consumption of this type of gluten-free cereals, doubling in the last three decades.
Rice is a tasty alternative to potatoes or pasta and there are plenty of types of rice to choose from. All kinds of rice are healthy and can be eaten as often as possible, in a varied diet. The taste and texture of rice can be improved by cooking it with other ingredients or serving it with a sauce.
Types of rice are classified by grain size - long (preferred by Indian and Chinese cuisine), medium and short (both preferred by European cuisine) - and by texture, from fluffy, to creamy and sticky. The color varies from brown to white and red. The shape, size, texture and other characteristics of different varieties affect how rice is used in recipes for what types of food is suitable and how it is cooked. Every national cuisine prefers certain varieties of rice.
- Arborio & # 8211 is a round, white grain rice that absorbs large amounts of water, resulting in a creamy texture that is traditionally used to prepare Italian risotto.
- Japanese Sushi & # 8211 short grain rice, slightly sweet, almost becomes translucent when cooked, this very sticky rice is used in the preparation of sushi or as a garnish for Japanese cuisine.
- Jasmine & # 8211 is a soft, long-grain, fragrant, aromatic rice, available as both white and brown rice. Ideal for serving Thai style or Indian curry, it can be mixed with french fries or pilaf.
- Bhutan & # 8211 is grown in the Himalayas, the berries are red, it tastes like walnuts.
- Forbidden & # 8211 is a black rice, cooked acquires the color purple, the taste is sweet and sticky texture. It is perfect for puddings and sweet rice dishes.
- fairy tale & # 8211 is a fragrant, long, thin, nut-flavored rice with a delicate aroma and light, light texture that becomes fluffy when cooked. It goes very well with Indian and Thai cuisine.
Basmati rice It has been grown in the Himalayas for over 1,000 years, and India, where it is a staple food, and Pakistan, are the largest producers and exporters of basmati rice. However, In the Punjab region, real basmati rice is grown, which exists in two variants: white and brown .
Basmati rice - the king of rice full of flavors and taste
In Ayurvedic medicine, the term basmati means pure, and this rice is appreciated for its healing properties both physically and spiritually. Basmati rice is one of the most popular varieties of rice. Why? It is a long grain rice with a delicate aroma, with a taste that is associated with the taste of walnuts. In Hindu, bass means "aroma" and mati means "full of", so basmati & # 8211 "full of flavor" .
With its very long and thin grains, basmati is often called the "king" of rice, for its excellent qualities and special taste. It is grown only in northern India and Pakistan, and no other type of rice can be labeled as basmati. It is also sold in whole form, when it is lighter and cooks faster than other types of brown rice.
Basmati rice must be washed before cooking, to remove the starch powder left after processing, so before cooking, it must be boiled in 2-3 waters, then left to soak for half an hour. Unlike other types of rice, basmati rice doubles in amount after boiling, is non-sticky and easily digested .
It is used in salads or as a side dish, plain or seasoned with salt. When cooked, the grains stand apart, and the end result is usually quite dry and firm. The extra nutritional advantage of basmati rice is that it has a low glycemic index, its carbohydrate content is absorbed into the bloodstream more slowly than other types of rice, and therefore helps maintain a stable blood sugar level. .
Rice, an excellent food for strengthening the immune system
If you cooked at least once basmati rice , then you really know its fragrance, but its nutritional value is as great as the aroma.
Nutritional values per 100 grams of boiled basmati rice:
- 120 calories
- 0.38 gr fat
- 3.52 g protein
- 25.08 g of carbohydrates
- 1 gr fiber
- vitamin B1 and iron.
It is valuable due to its low glycemic index and can be consumed by diabetics, because it does not increase blood sugar levels, compared to other cereals and products made from white flour.
Basmati rice cooking tricks
- The first step: wash the rice! It looks weird, especially if you buy it ready packaged in separate portions, but it's an important process because it removes excess starch.
- Rinse the rice well until the water is clear. Then let the rice soak in water (about 30 minutes), even if you often fail to do so. It is a trick that improves the texture of the rice, the grains expand and better absorb the sauces you use together.
- Whole rice should be cooked longer than white rice and with a larger amount of water, the proportion is one cup of brown rice and 3 cups of water.
- The whole rice is boiled in cold water, and the salt will be added at the end, because the salt will help the rice to finish cooking.
. Because a single cup of cooked rice contains 240 kilocalories, and starchy foods can be harmful to health because they increase the risk of diabetes, it is recommended to combine rice with coconut oil. If you add coconut oil, when you boil the rice, you will reduce the calorie absorption by up to 50%.
Out of Love for Life
Organic fruits and vegetables, organic products, vegetarian alternatives and carefully selected healthy organic products, made by responsible people. Information for a healthy lifestyle and lots of love!