- Dish type
- Fruit desserts
- Banana desserts
The classic banana split transformed into a delicious ready-to-scoop version!
29 people made this
- 400g caster sugar
- 3 tablespoons plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 litre milk
- 350ml evaporated milk
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 litre chocolate milk
- 550g frozen strawberries, thawed
- 3 bananas, diced
- 1 (432g) tin pineapple, pureed, juice reserved
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:10min ›Extra time:1hr10min freezing › Ready in:1hr30min
- In a heavy saucepan over medium heat, combine sugar, flour, salt, milk and evaporated milk. Cook, stirring, until bubbles form at edges and mixture is slightly thickened. Slowly pour a small amount of hot milk into the beaten eggs, stirring to combine. Then remove milk mixture from heat and stir the eggs into the milk until fully incorporated.
- Stir in vanilla, chocolate milk, strawberries, bananas and pureed pineapple with its juice. Pour into the freezer canister of an ice cream maker, adding milk as needed to bring to fill line. Chill in refrigerator until quite cold, then freeze according to manufacturer's instructions.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(31)
Reviews in English (23)
Very tasty, althought not very creamy, next time I would substitute the milk with cream. I also added chopped maraschino cherries and walnuts. Gave 2 pints away to my neighbor & she loved it as well. Would definatley make this again!-21 Oct 2002